CAPTOSEC, Inc. is currently seeking a Cyber Security Analyst to fulfill a long-term intrusion monitoring and detection mandate. The candidate will have to join our SOC team and have a team spirit. The position is based in Quebec, with occasional trips to Montreal and Saguenay.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Analyze alerts, events and security logs generated by security devices (NIDS Probe, Firewall, Linux and Windows Servers, HIPS OSSEC Probe, etc.);
– Detect and respond to threats and attempted attacks;
– Provide actionable information by enriching cyber threat information from our partners, suppliers and open sources to protect external and internal IT resources, data, customers and brand reputation.
– Identify and record the compromises in the MISP platform (domain names, URLs, IP, Hash of malware, etc.);
– Ensure the security watch on advanced threats and vulnerabilities (from CAPTOSEC’s home tools and reference sites);
– Participate in the drafting of safety notices;
– Analyze and evaluate the security bulletins of some vendors (Microsoft, Cisco, Adobe, etc.), using standards and tools such as CVSS, NVD, CVE, etc. ;
– Maintain and update security features and tools (IDS / IPS Probe, Snort, Suricata, Firewall, BRO, rules, signatures, policies, etc.);
– Troubleshoot security features, in collaboration with customer representatives (network, systems, applications);
– Participate and contribute to security incident response activities;
– Design, develop and implement the tools necessary to carry out the tasks of the CAPTOSEC security operations center (scripts, forms, etc.);
– Perform vulnerability scans on client infrastructures with Nessus and OpenVAS tools;
– Produce and analyze reports of vulnerability scans;
– Contribute to projects implementing or evolving security solutions (eg SIEM, GRC, etc.);
– Document operational procedures (Confluence, Sphinx, etc.).
The candidate must:
– Have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a DEC + 5 years of experience;
– At least have a one-year (1) cybersecurity mandate, preferably in intrusion detection;
– Have extensive network knowledge (OSI, TCP / IP, etc.);
– Have knowledge of Linux, Windows and MacOS operating systems;
– Have knowledge of cyber threats (malware, attack, attack vectors, attack techniques, etc.);
– Have a thorough understanding of security controls to mitigate risks (antivirus, IPS / IDS, firewall, email filtering, website blocking, patches) and how they work;
– Hold one or more recognized cybersecurity certifications in industry (CISSP, CEH, OSCP, CCNA Security, Security +, etc.) – Asset;
– Be curious and have an analytical mind (strong attention to detail);
– Be bilingual (French and English);
– Enjoy fluency in oral communication, both in English and in French;
– Love open source tools and resourcefulness;
– Be a good editor.
Salary: $68000 to $76000$ /year
Start Date: As soon as possible
Are you interested?
Send us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our Human Resources Advisors will contact you as needed.
About CAPTOSEC, Inc.
CAPTOSEC is a Canadian IT company, human-sized and specialized in information security and cybersecurity. We offer a stimulating environment that allows you to progress quickly in your professional career, while having fun. Our services cover consulting, managed services, security testing and assessments, and cybersecurity training. For more details, visit our website at www.captosec.com.
You can download the PDF version here
Thanks for trusting us !
If you can not find any offers that match your profile, please send your CV to email@example.com so that we can register it in our application database for future job opportunities. Thus, we will contact you as soon as possible.