Dark Reading: Attacks/Breaches Dark Reading: Connecting the Information and Security Community
- Microsoft Uses Machine Learning to Predict Attackers’ Next Stepsby Robert Lemos Contributing Writer on April 12, 2021 at 3:55 pm
Researchers build a model to attribute attacks to specific groups based on tactics, techniques and procedures, and then figure out their next move.
- New Malware Downloader Spotted in Targeted Campaignsby Jai Vijayan Contributing Writer on April 12, 2021 at 2:30 pm
Saint Bot is being used to drop stealers on compromised systems but could be used to deliver any malware.
- Omdia Research Spotlight: XDRby Eric Parizo Senior Analyst, Omdia on April 12, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Few emerging cybersecurity market segments are garnering more attention than XDR. Here, Omdia highlights its recent research on XDR.
Hacks – Threatpost The First Stop For Security News
- Crossing the Line: When Cyberattacks Become Acts of Warby Saryu Nayyar on April 7, 2021 at 5:57 pm
Saryu Nayyar, CEO at Gurucul, discusses the new Cold War and the potential for a cyberattack to prompt military action.
- Chinese Hackers Selling Intimate Stolen Camera Footageby Becky Bracken on April 6, 2021 at 8:54 pm
A massive operation offers access to hacked camera feeds in bedrooms and at hotels.
- Conti Gang Demands $40M Ransom from Florida School Districtby Elizabeth Montalbano on April 6, 2021 at 1:59 pm
New details of negotiation between attackers and officials from Broward County Public Schools emerge after a ransomware attack early last month.
- Incident Of The Week: Australian Government Directory Breached In First Cyberatt…by Esther Shein on January 4, 2019 at 8:54 pm
The first data breach of 2019 came less than 24 hours into the new year when the private data of 30,000 Australian civil servants was stolen in a phishing attack. The breach occurred when a directory…
- Incident Of The Week: NASA Reveals Employee Data Breach In Memoby Esther Shein on December 28, 2018 at 3:29 am
The U.S. National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) said that one of its servers was hacked earlier this year, exposing personal data of current and former employees including social securit…
Security Affairs Read, think, share … Security is everyone’s responsibility
- Microsoft is open sourcing CyberBattleSim Enterprise Environment Simulatorby Pierluigi Paganini on April 12, 2021 at 4:21 pm
Microsoft released as open-source the ‘CyberBattleSim Python-based toolkit which is an Enterprise Environment Simulator. Microsoft has recently […]
- LinkedIn confirmed that it was not a victim of a data breachby Pierluigi Paganini on April 12, 2021 at 9:48 am
LinkedIn has formally denied that the recently disclosed data leak was caused by a security breach, data were obtained via web scraping. LinkedIn has […]