Dark Reading: Attacks/Breaches Dark Reading: Connecting the Information and Security Community
- To Err Is Human: Misconfigurations & Employee Neglect Are a Fact of Lifeby Liviu Arsene Global Cybersecurity Researcher at Bitdefender on October 22, 2020 at 6:00 pm
The cyber kill chain is only as strong as its weakest link, so organizations should reinforce that link with a properly equipped dedicated security team.
- Implementing Proactive Cyber Controls in OT: Myths vs. Realityby Michael Piccalo Director, OT/ICS Systems Engineering, Forescout Technologies on October 22, 2020 at 2:00 pm
Debunking the myths surrounding the implementation of proactive cyber controls in operational technology.
- Dealing With Insider Threats in the Age of COVIDby Hitesh Sheth CEO, Vectra on October 21, 2020 at 6:00 pm
Dangerous gray areas like new BYOD policies and shadow IT devices have increased, thanks to the rapid shift to remote working.
Hacks – Threatpost The First Stop For Security News
- Researcher: I Hacked Trump’s Twitter by Guessing Passwordby Becky Bracken on October 22, 2020 at 6:45 pm
Trump’s weak Twitter password and lack of basic two-factor authentication protections made it shockingly simple to hack his account, Dutch security researcher Victor Gevers reported.
- Microsoft Teams Phishing Attack Targets Office 365 Usersby Lindsey O’Donnell on October 22, 2020 at 5:48 pm
Up to 50,000 Office 365 users are being targeted by a phishing campaign that purports to notify them of a “missed chat” from Microsoft Teams.
- Egregor Claims Responsibility for Barnes & Noble Attack, Leaks Databy Tara Seals on October 21, 2020 at 3:30 pm
The ransomware gang claims to have bought network access to the bookseller’s systems before encrypting the networks and stealing “financial and audit data.”
- Incident Of The Week: Australian Government Directory Breached In First Cyberatt…by Esther Shein on January 4, 2019 at 8:54 pm
The first data breach of 2019 came less than 24 hours into the new year when the private data of 30,000 Australian civil servants was stolen in a phishing attack. The breach occurred when a directory…
- Incident Of The Week: NASA Reveals Employee Data Breach In Memoby Esther Shein on December 28, 2018 at 3:29 am
The U.S. National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) said that one of its servers was hacked earlier this year, exposing personal data of current and former employees including social securit…
Security Affairs Read, think, share … Security is everyone’s responsibility
- EU Council sanctions two Russian military intelligence officers over 2015 Bundestag hackby Pierluigi Paganini on October 22, 2020 at 7:21 pm
The Council of the European Union announced sanctions imposed on Russian military intelligence officers for 2015 Bundestag hack. The Council of the […]
- Cisco addresses 17 high-severity flaws in security appliancesby Pierluigi Paganini on October 22, 2020 at 4:34 pm
Security Advisory Bundled Publication for October 2020 – Cisco announced the release of patches for 17 high-severity flaws in its security […]