Dark Reading Dark Reading: Connecting the Information and Security Community
- PyPI’s 2FA Requirements Don’t Go Far Enough, Researchers Sayby Tara Seals, Managing Editor, News, Dark Reading on June 2, 2023 at 8:39 pm
The Python Package Index will require developers to better secure their accounts as cyberattacks ramp up, but protecting the software supply chain will take more than that.
- ‘PostalFurious’ SMS Attacks Target UAE Citizens for Data Theftby Dan Raywood, Senior Editor, Dark Reading on June 2, 2023 at 7:21 pm
SMS campaigns targeting members of the public in the United Arab Emirates have been detected.
- ‘Picture-in-Picture’ Obfuscation Spoofs Delta, Kohl’s for Credential Harvestingby Nathan Eddy, Contributing Writer, Dark Reading on June 2, 2023 at 4:36 pm
A recent campaign tricks victims into visiting credential harvesting sites by hiding malicious URLs behind photos advertising deals from trusted brands.
Hacks – Threatpost The First Stop For Security News
- Tentacles of ‘0ktapus’ Threat Group Victimize 130 Firmsby Nate Nelson on August 29, 2022 at 2:56 pm
Over 130 companies tangled in sprawling phishing campaign that spoofed a multi-factor authentication system.
- iPhone Users Urged to Update to Patch 2 Zero-Daysby Elizabeth Montalbano on August 19, 2022 at 3:25 pm
Separate fixes to macOS and iOS patch respective flaws in the kernel and WebKit that can allow threat actors to take over devices and are under attack.
- APT Lazarus Targets Engineers with macOS Malwareby Elizabeth Montalbano on August 17, 2022 at 3:07 pm
The North Korean APT is using a fake job posting for Coinbase in a cyberespionage campaign targeting users of both Apple and Intel-based systems.
- CommonSpirit Health reports that ransomware attack cost $160 millionby Olivia Powell on June 2, 2023 at 12:00 am
The healthcare company suffered the attack, which exposed the personal data of more than 623,700 patients, in December 2022
- IOTW: MCNA Dental suffers data breach affecting 8.9 million patientsby Olivia Powell on June 1, 2023 at 1:57 pm
Malicious actors had access to MCNA Dental’s network from February to March 2023
Security Affairs Read, think, share … Security is everyone’s responsibility
- Security Affairs newsletter Round 422 by Pierluigi Paganini – International editionby Pierluigi Paganini on June 4, 2023 at 5:12 pm
A new round of the weekly SecurityAffairs newsletter arrived! Every week the best security articles from Security Affairs are free for you in your […]
- Xplain hack impacted the Swiss cantonal police and Fedpolby Pierluigi Paganini on June 4, 2023 at 10:51 am
Several Swiss cantonal police, the army, customs and the Federal Office of Police (Fedpol) were impacted by the attack against IT firm Xplain. […]